恒生管理學院迎新日於2018在8月21日順利舉行，本年迎新日以“Student Learning FIRST”為主題，恒管重視學生的全面發展，致力為每位同學提供有助於心智與個人成的轉化式學習體驗。超過1,300名參加者(包括新同學、高年級同學及教職員)，一同參與了多姿多采的迎新活動！約1,000新生除了了解課程及學術上的事宜，更掌握了恒管校園生活上的重要資訊！
- 校園定向，包括：圖書館及康樂活動中心導賞、HSMC’s Got Talent及在學院不同位置由學生活動主任籌劃及帶領的遊戲
HSMC Student Orientation Day 2018
21 August 2018
With the theme “Student Learning FIRST”, the Student Orientation Day 2018 was held on 21 August 2018. Over 1,300 participants, including new students, senior year students, teaching and administrative staff, took part in the activity. Around 1,000 new students participated in a variety of events and received important information of academic and campus life to kick-start their U-life.
In the opening session, President Prof. Simon Ho gave a warm welcome to the new students; followed by a sharing by Prof. Gilbert Fong, Provost, on HSMC’s latest development. Ms. Rebecca Chan, Director of Student Affairs, encouraged the new students to seize every opportunity to learn during their study at HSMC. School sessions and academic programme sessions were arranged to provide new students with essential information on their study and let them meet their professors and fellow classmates.
In the afternoon, new students participated in different activities with an aim to understanding HSMC and building connections. The activities included
- “恒薈” , organised by the Students’ Union to provide information on orientation activities organised by different student organisations;
- Student Life Fair, introducing services opportunities, HSMC Sinfonietta and photo booth;
- Campus Hunt, including Library and Sport Centre tour, HSMC’s Got Talent and games holding by Student Programme Officers in different building of the campus.
- Senior Intake Student Sharing Session, a tailor-made session for senior intake students, sharing from Counselor, current students who are Year 2 or Year 3 intake and information about Exchange Programmes and Career related Programmes
To assist new students to adapt to their HSMC journey, more than 180 senior year students served as Campus Life Mentors to lead them and took care of them throughout the day.